Inspirational Study Breaks
Make your Learning truly Memorable by Combining an Amazing Holiday in Sri Lanka with a Professional Certification in Auricular Acupuncture.
When you come to learn Auricular Acupuncture with The College of Auricular Acupuncture, you will be coming to learn a powerful therapeutic tool with a college that has a lineage of over 50 years, and a reputation for training that delivers results.
The College of Auricular Acupuncture recognises that as a learner you expect and deserve the best tuition available.
It is our policy that each learner who attends our training courses is competent and safe to practice Auricular Acupuncture.
We are committed to providing this service by offering small hands-on classes and expert tuition and support.
- Our courses cover more than the 5-Point NADA Protocol generally offered by other Colleges
- You will learn over 60 points and over a dozen protocols for treating many common conditions and ailments (rapid pain relief, muskulo-skeletal disorders, stress and anxiety, migraines and headaches, digestive disorders, smoking cessation, weight management and more)
- In addition to the College Certificate you will also be awarded a Laser Learning Certificate
- You will receive the gift of a Practitioner Kit enabling you to practice straight away once you have completed the course
“I loved EVERYTHING about the course. Group size was perfect, knowledge of training was excellent, didn’t feel afraid to ask about anything I did not understand. Very approachable.”
The College of Auricular Acupuncture is a LASER Learning Approved Centre. Acccreditation is the process of officially recognising a course as meeting required quality standards. LASER accredited courses enjoy:
- Formal recognition of successful achievement
- Widened opportunities
- Courses constructed in line with best practice learning and assessment methods
- Credits that can build towards further qualifications, education or training
The Director-General of the World Health Organisation (WHO) proclaimed Auricular Acupuncture as being:
"Probably the most developed and best documented, scientifically, of all the Microsystems of Acupuncture and is the most practical and widely used."
Siwan Quinn Bratton and Jonathan Tarr have been working as a team for the past 15 years teaching Auricular Acupuncture within the NHS and within the private sector and regularly attend worldwide symposiums on the development of auricular acupuncture and research around the world. To see more of their profile go here >
“I would just like to take this opportunity to thank you both for your superb training. I have taken to my practice as the proverbial duck to water. My confidence has increased significantly and the feedback I continue to receive from clients would support this greatly.”
THE DAILY PROGRAMME
The retreat starts on the Saturday at 7pm with a welcome Dinner on the first night.
Sunday is a free day to explore Galle.
Galle is a jewel. A Unesco World Heritage Site, this historic city is a delight to explore on foot, an endlessly exotic old trading port blessed with imposing Dutch-colonial buildings, ancient mosques and churches, grand mansions and museums. Wandering its rambling lanes you'll pass stylish cafes, quirky boutiques and impeccably restored hotels owned by local and foreign artists, writers, photographers and designers.
Monday through Friday the course will start at an agreed time, usually 9.30am -4.30pm
The last day ends on Friday evening with a farewell meal.
Sri Devi Villas has several villas that can be twin or double bed, and a limited number are for single occupancy. Each villa has its own tea/coffee making facility, a fridge, a private terrace and a large bathroom. The villas are very luxurious and spacious, tucked away near a village and surrounded by wildlife. There are many different areas to have time to yourself undisturbed to simply relax. It is about a 15 minute walk along the paddy fields or five minute tuk-tuk (the local three-wheeler) to the ocean and sandy beach.
"The Villa was incredibly comfortable and felt very luxurious. The individual apartments were very spacious - a friend and I shared one together - and had plenty of space to ourselves, a sitting area, kettle and fridge - plus a beautiful bathroom. Each morning we awoke to a lovely view of the garden and pool - a wonderful setting. It was so tranquil, yet teaming with wildlife and bird sounds."
Sri Devi Retreat offers fresh, locally sourced, organic, tasty vegan and vegetarian dishes. The resort also has a fantastic organic garden, where they grow their own vegetables, fruits and herbs. Pure, unadulterated, natural and regional flavours make for delicious cuisine.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Transfers to and from the airport to the villa (a 2.5 hour drive in a comfortable taxi)
- Your accommodation for 7 nights
- Breakfast and 5 dinners including a Warm Welcome and Farewell Dinner
- Refreshments throughout the course
- Spa Ceylon Amenities
- Professional Auricular Acupuncture Practitioners Certificate
- Gift of a Practitioners Starter Kit
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
If you haven't seen this part of Sri Lanka before you may like to extend your stay. There are many nearby affordable places in the area that we can give advice on as well as several excursions to enjoy:-
- Sunrise Boat Trip to see Blue Whales
- A Magnificent Boat Trip to Cinnamon Island to see how cinnamon is produced.
- Galle Fort, a gorgeous beach and a traditional Sri Lankan village, a 15 minute drive away
For more information on the venue and excursions, please take a look at the website: www.srideviretreat.com
Although there are many options for flights to Sri Lanka it is essential that you book early to get the best deals. A visa is required for visiting Sri Lanka, which you can apply for online - your passport is stamped upon entry to the country.
For flights to Colombo:
A taxi from Colombo Airport to the Sri Devi Villa is included in this holiday. The journey takes about 2 to 2.5 hours.
Price per person for a shared twin or double villa is £1,777 for 7 nights.
Limited single rooms available £1,977.
To reserve your place a 50% non-refundable deposit is required and the full amount is due 8 weeks before the start of the retreat.